Based in Munich, Germany
July 9th, 2021
Steam (PC, Mac, Linux)
Panic Mode is a casual simulation/strategy game about saving lemmings-inspired creatures known as 'Pammies' from dangerous disasters using shoddy crisis management tools. Respond to emergencies resulting from poor workplace safety to save Pammies from their own tragic incompetence.
In a world full of hazards, the "if it ain't broke" line of thinking has lead to quite a precarious situation. Instead of taking preventive caution like say, fire escapes, instead the only company on the planet decides to hire you as a crisis manager. Use the corporate-provided tools (oft comprised of dangerous materials themselves) to prevent imminent chaos and guide the alien species known as 'Pammies' to safety.
In each location an accident is bound to happen. First, set up your equipment in the space. When things kick off, use your tools to mitigate the calamity that would otherwise cause all of the pammies to perish. Save the pammies! Or don't; the company will keep you on as crisis manager regardless of your performance.
Panic Mode started as a crazy idea by the project lead when he visited a live concert: what would happen if fire broke out right now? How would people react and how did the responsible authorities make sure that as little people as possible got harmed? This curios thought combined with his experience with great titles like SimCity and Lemmings eventually led to the idea of a disaster simulation game where the player has to make sure that everyone survives by careful planning and preparing the surrounding before the disaster actually happens: Panic Mode.
- Behaviour: Pammies are fully simulated - they aren't smart yet but they aren't stupid either
- Elements: A complex element system simulates how different elements react in a multitude of situations: fire, heat, water, smoke (and more to come!)
- Tools: Crisis management equipment is one of the critical elements when it comes to saving as many Pammies as possible. Panic Mode features a multitude of tools and contraptions to (hopefully) help the player to limit the impact of the soon-to-happen disaster.
- Objectives: While saving all Pammies in a level most of the time is the main objective, sometimes it is more important to save a specific Pammy or to deliberately make sure that a certain room burns down.
- Level progression: The player is set on a journey to become Pamperumpel Industries most valued employee by getting that valued title of Employee#1. By solving the mandatory objectives in each level, the player unlocks a new and fresh level and opportunity to save more Pammies.
- Unique soundtrack: written & recoded by Olli Oja
Logo Intro YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Supported by the German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure." September 9th, 2020
- "Nomination for best of show award." Hamburg Games Conference, March 16th, 2021
- "This gives me Sims 'holy s#%! there's a fire let's dance around it' vibes and I love it! Looks great!"
- A lovely reddit user,
- "Yeah, I'm definitely going to watch them die."
- One of our team, unfortunately,
- "I've been closely watching the Steam page and I'm really looking forward to playing the game myself."
- Anonymous employee of the ministry,
- Máni, the real CEO of MobiusCode,
MobiusCode is working on the future of all things code. Inventors and gamers at heart we move the border further in the direction of new technologies and brand new gaming concepts for ourselves but also for our international customers.
More information on MobiusCode, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Panic Mode Credits
Project Manager / Scrum Master
Lead Game Designer
Sound Effects & Music